What is a Chartered Legal Executive?
Providing legal services to clients and colleagues.
Duties of a Chartered Legal Executive
Provide legal services to internal and external clients. Typical activities that will be carried out are:
- Taking client instructions
- Managing the inception, progression and completion of client matter
- Communication (written and oral) with internal and external clients
- Reviewing documents
- Drafting and producing legal documents
- Conducting and applying legal research
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Managing and applying financial information
- Negotiating on behalf of clients and representing clients in informal and formal proceeding
- Making decisions in legal matters based on legal principles or the rule of law and within all legal and regulatory requirements
Typical Job Roles for a Chartered Legal Executive
Chartered Legal Executive
Typical Skills & Behaviours of a Chartered Legal Executive
Adaptability & resilience, personal development, collaborative team working, honesty and integrity, motivation & enthusiasm, understanding business & ethics in law, use IT, understand commercial awareness, understand basic finance, understand risk and compliance, has a broad base of legal knowledge.
What Will I Achieve?
- Chartered Legal Executive Level 6 Apprenticeship Standard
- Diploma in Law & Practice Level 3
- Diploma in Law & Practice Level 6
- Functional Skills English Level 2 – (If previously not exempt)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2 – (If previously not exempt)
- An apprentice will typically take 60 months to complete the Chartered Legal Executive Apprenticeship Standard Level 6. This may differ upon prior achievements.
Working Hours & Salary
An apprentice will usually work between 30 – 40 hours per week and will earn a minimum of £4.15 per hour. This will vary between different employers and criteria of the apprentice.
Following the completion of the Chartered Legal Executive Apprenticeship Standard Level 6, an apprentice may choose to progress to the Solicitor Level 7 Apprenticeship.