AAT Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 4)
Ideal if you have completed the Advanced Diploma and would like to continue to build their accounting skills. Accounting experience is desirable for this course and you will be required to have an interview with a qualified tutor prior to enrolment to ensure the course suitability for you.
About the course
The AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting qualification will suit those who:
- have completed the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting and who would like to continue to build their accounting skills
- are already working in finance and would like a formal recognition of their skills
- would like to go on to become an AAT full member and/or study for chartered accountant status
- would like to start their own business through the AAT-licensed member in practice (MIP) scheme.
What does the qualification cover?
In completing the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting Level 4 you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing and credit management and cash and treasury management.
If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfil AAT’s work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional AAT Accountant status (MAAT).
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Professional Diploma Synoptic Assessment
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- External auditing
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management
What kind of job can I expect after completing this qualification?
- professional accounting technician
- assistant auditor
- assistant management accountant
- commercial analyst
- payroll manager
- senior financial officer
- accounts payable and expenses
- assistant financial accountant
- cost accountant
- fixed asset accountant
- indirect tax manager
- payments and billing manager
- senior fund accountant
- senior insolvency administrator
- tax supervisor
- VAT accountant