Skip to main content


Home » Apprenticeships » Employers

We not only train your staff – we can help you fill your vacancy too!

Apprenticeships offer great advantages for employers. Businesses of all sizes are offering apprenticeships because of the following employer benefits:

  • Government funded training
  • Savings on recruitment, training and upskilling
  • Fresh ideas and talent from apprentices
  • Positive return on investment
  • Improved staff retention and employee satisfaction

We work closely with local businesses to ensure the apprenticeship programme runs smoothly and effectively for both employer and student. This includes help with matching the applicant to the workplace provider, managing training and assessments (both on and off the job) and full apprenticeship programme support


Considerable savings can be made on your training costs, whether you are a levy-paying employer (annual payroll bill of £3m or more) or a non-levy paying employer. Each apprenticeship standard has a funding cap, representing the maximum contribution the government will make towards the cost of training.

Levy-Paying Employers

Employers with an annual gross paybill of £3m or more will be subject to an additional 0.5% payroll tax on the excess, with effect from April 2017. This amount is collected monthly via the PAYE system and transferred into a ‘levy fund’. Levy funds can be used to pay for apprenticeship training but will expire if unspent after 24 months.

Employers must register for a Digital Account to manage levy funds and record details of apprentices, from which funds are transferred directly to the selected training provider.

If there is a shortfall in levy funds, ie if the cost of training exceeds the amount available in the Digital Account, the government will fund 90% of the shortfall, with employers required to contribute the remaining 10% of the shortfall.

Non Levy-Paying Employers

Smaller employers can still benefit from reduced training costs as government funding will cover 90% of the cost of training an apprentice. 100% funding is available for apprentices aged 18 or under and for those aged 19-24 formerly in care or with a local authority education, health and care plan, and who are employed by employers with fewer than 50 employees.

We will claim the funding on your behalf and make arrangements for the 10% employer contribution. All employer contributions are subject to VAT.

There are plans for the Digital Account Service to be extended to non-levy paying employers at some point in the future. We will advise you when this becomes available.

Government Incentives

The government will also pay employers, no matter what size, £1,000 for each 16-18 year old apprentice they employ.

We will claim the government incentive on your behalf.

Filling your vacancy

If you have an apprenticeship vacancy, please contact us as we have a large number of students on our programmes at various levels who will be very interested in an opportunity. We also hold a bank of CVs from potential new apprentices who are looking for their first steps onto the career ladder.

Our FREE recruitment service includes:

  • Advertising your vacancy
  • Screening candidates against your criteria

And if you wish……

  • Arranging the interviews
  • Notifying the candidates

If you would like us to advertise your vacancy please call us on 01733 685582 or email us at