CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice
About the course
The CMI Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Practice qualification, is designed for Managers who are already operating at the strategic level and is designed to improve your ability to implement fundamental management and leadership models within your organisation’s strategic framework. The qualification contains units, which are reflective of the tasks and activities required by managers in strategic roles.
The qualification will:
- Improve your leadership and strategic management skills and develop your ability to apply them at a strategic level within your organisation
- Allow you to apply key tools, models and theories directly to real-life work-based problems and see the benefits in your organisation
- Develop the professionalism to deliver impact and behave ethically.
- Demonstrate to current and prospective employers your capabilities, ambition and
commitment to professional development
- Significantly improve your career prospects and earning power
Who is the Level 7 suitable for?
- Senior Managers
- Regional Managers
- Specialist Managers (with expertise in a specific business or technical function such as
quality, finance, risk, marketing, sales, IT, human resources etc.)
What will the qualification lead to?
- Upon completion of the Level 7 Certificate, you can continue studying towards the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice.
- Use your CMI Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership course to progress onto higher levels of study, including MBAs with UK universities.
- Become a Chartered Manager and join a community of high performing professional managers who are self-aware and skills focused, delivering real value for their business.
- Unit 701 – Strategic Leadership
- Unit 702 – Leading and Developing People to Optimise Performance
- Unit 707 – Organisational Design and Development
- Unit 710 – Marketing Strategy
- Unit 712 – Leading Quality Management
- Unit 609 – Leading a Strategic Management Project
Completion of a detailed written assignment per unit studied (word count per assignment approximately 3,500 to 4,000). There are no examinations.
CMI Level 7 Award (Unit 701)
The CMI Level 7 Award gives you an in-depth understanding of the role a strategic leader plays in their organisation.
CMI Level 7 Certificate (Unit 701 & 702)
The CMI Level 7 Certificate broadens your view to consider not only the role a strategic leader plays in their organisation but how a strategic leader engages with its stakeholders and adapting communication style.
CMI Level 7 Diploma (Unit 701 & 702 + 2 other units)
The CMI Level 7 Diploma vastly broadens your knowledge and capabilities as a strategic leader, ensuring you are well-versed in the many areas that your decisions will impact. From working to establish yourself as a strategic leader and managing communications to all stakeholders, to conducting performance management reviews, you’ll develop the essential skills all strategic leaders need.